Frequently Asked Questions
A deposit of 20% is required on confirmation of booking with the balance payable the week of your event. A 6% penalty may occur unless other arrangements have been made. Travel fee charges may apply outside of the Auckland area as well as a minimum number of people for outside of certain areas.
Price quoted for onsite catering includes staff, the supply of all food, serving utensils, chaffing dishes, buffet tables, linen tablecloths for the buffet, cutlery, plates and serviettes.
WE SUPPLY OUR OWN BUFFET TABLES AND LINEN TABLECLOTHS FOR THE BUFFET.
Cancellations – If a cancellation is made within three months of the date of your function, your deposit will NOT be refunded. If a cancellation is made within 7 days of your function you are required to pay for 50% of the cost of the function. Deposits will NOT be refunded if sufficient time is not given.
Catering Staff – All required staff is included in the costing. Staff are presented in full company uniform.
- Southern Spit BBQ & Catering will not be held responsible for delayed catering service for out of control busy traffic, road works, bad weather conditions or van break downs. All of our company vans are warranted and serviced every six months.
- Please supply us with shelter and lighting for our staff and buffet tables the whole time we are catering at your venue.
- We must park close to where you would like the buffet tables to be set up. If this is not possible, you must let us know otherwise extra charges may apply.
- Where we have a minimum number of quests on our menus, the minimum is for paying adults.
- Please notify us if we have left any of our gear or equipment at the venue of your event.
- PLEASE bring your own containers for left overs and we will happily pack your leftover food away for you. You are responsible for refrigeration of your leftover food.
A. Yes we have an A Grade Kitchen Hygiene Certificate.
Catering Regions we service include:
We service the following areas – Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Tauranga, Whangarei, Tokoroa, Cambridge, Thames, Paeroa, Te Awamutu, Huntley, Paihia, Taupo, Coromandel, Katikati, Te Aroha, Waihi Beach, Murupara,Pirongia, Matamata, Mt Maunganui, Pauanui, Tairua, Matarangi, Opotiki, Edgecumbe, Te Puke, Whangamata, Bay of Plenty, Hahei, Kaitkati, Kawerau, Whakatane, Whangapoua, Whirioa, Cooks Beach, and many many more….. Call now for a FREE quote. Travel charges may apply.
Confirmation of Booking
Your booking is not confirmed until we receive a deposit of 20% of the total quoted amount.
Please fill out our booking confirmation form and send it back to us. Click here for an online booking form or you can print the PDF version and email it to us. Click for our booking confirmation form in PDF format.
A: A deposit of 20% from the total invoice amount is required to confirm your booking.
A: Should the number of guests in attendance on the day be greater than the number booked, you will be charged accordingly for the extra guests.
A: Direct Credit, Cash, Credit Card (2.5% fee applies)
Please write name and invoice number for your reference.
Full payment must be made before your event. If you are a company this may not apply.
A: As close as you can 4 working days prior to your event. This is the minimum amount that will be charged. Full payment needs to be made before we come and cater for you. If payment is not received, we may not cater for you unless arrangements have been made.
A: Final payment of your invoice is due before the day of your event unless other arrangements have been made.
A: Yes we clear all the guests tables of cutlery and crockery, take away any rubbish and leave you any leftover food. You must supply containers for leftover food, otherwise we will not leave any food.
Under 3 years old are free.
4-7 are $12.95.
8-11 are 1/2 price.
12 years up are full price.
A: No sorry as we concentrate on making your catering event amazing. We do have vendors available or you can enquire at Venue Finder NZ
A: You need a back up plan for outdoor functions and we will need you to provide us shelter for the buffet tables. We have uro fuel to keep the food hot, so we must be in a sheltered area away from wind and rain.